- About Us
- Ohio Consumers for Health Coverage
- Health Equity
- Dental Access Now!
- Ohio Consumer Voice for Integrated Care
- Preventing Youth Addiction
- Health Care Reform
- Get Help
- Get Involved
- Support Us
- Tools for Consumers
Health Insurance Marketplace is now open!
Click here to get help enrolling.
March 31, 2014: Last day to enroll in the Marketplace for 2014. Enrollment starts again on October 1, 2014. If you don't gain coverage by now and continue to be uninsured the rest of the year, $95 (or 1% of your income) will be taken out of your tax return at the end of the year.
Open enrollment, the time when health insurance companies allow new people to buy coverage, starts October 1, 2013 and lasts through March 1, 2014. If you purchase a health insurance plan before December 15, 2013 and pay your first month's premium, you will be able to start using your plan on January 1, 2014.
All Ohioans will be required to have health coverage starting January 1, 2014.
You might already meet the requirement and not have to do anything if you currently have coverage through:
- Your employer
If you're not insured through any of those ways, you will be able to buy coverage through the new Health Insurance Marketplace.
916,000 Ohioans will qualify for a subsidy, financial assistance that will help you pay your monthly insurance costs. A single person making under $46,000 or a family of 4 making under $94,000 will qualify for some type of subsidy. The less a person or family makes the more their subsidy will be.
- Click here to visit the Kaiser Family Foundation's subsidy calculator to get an estimate of how much of a subsidy you will receive
- Click here to get an idea of the plans being offered in your area. NOTE: Rates listed do not take into account income or family size which will affect the amount your family will recieve in financial help. You must visit www.heatlhcare.gov and create an account to see what you and your family will actually pay for health coverage.
Important: If your household files more than one tax return, call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596 before you start an application. (TTY: 1-855-889-4325) This is a very important step. Please don’t skip it. Representatives can provide directions to make sure your application is processed correctly.
Visit www.healthcare.gov to compare plans and enroll in health coverage. today!