- About Us
- Ohio Consumers for Health Coverage
- Health Equity
- Dental Access Now!
- Ohio Consumer Voice for Integrated Care
- Preventing Youth Addiction
- Health Care Reform
- Get Help
- Tools for Consumers
- Get Involved
- Support Us
Things You Can Do Now To Prepare to Enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace
***You have until December 15, 2013 to enroll in the Marketplace and pay your first month's premium for your coverage to start on January 1, 2014.***
Click here and answer some questions through Healthcare.gov to see what you can do to prepare to enroll in the marketplace.
Click here to sign up for email and text updates that will notify you of new important information and upcoming deadlines to apply.
Gather information you'll need to fill out the Marketplace application
- Click here for a checklist of the information you'll need to fill out an application.
Get an idea of what financial help you'll recieve and how much your monthly premiums will be
- Click here to use the Kaiser Family Foundation subsidy calculator to get an estimate about the amount you'll receive in financial help. NOTE: Remember the results are an estimate and are based on your purchase of a silver level plan. If you purchase a lower (bronze) or higher (gold, platinum) level plan, your subsidy amount will be affected.
- Click here to see the plans and their monthly premiums that are being offered in your area. NOTE: Remember that there amounts do not reflect any financial help you'll recieve through a subsidy. Take your results from the calulator above and substract it from the premiums you see listed on this site to get an estimate of what you're monthly premium will be.
If you're not familiar with terms like premium, deductibles, out-of-pocket maximum, co-insurance, or co-payments, check out this glossary that explains what these words mean and how they will affect which plan you choose.
Ask your employer if they plan to offer you coverage in 2014. Some employers may drop coverage and others may start offering it for the first time. Make sure you know how you'll be covered in 2014 or you may have to pay a $95 penalty at the end of the year.
Make a list of questions you have about enrolling or about what insurance option is right for you. Examples of questions are: "How much will it cost if I go see the doctor?' or "Is dental coverage offered under this plan?"
Get your questions answered through local help or the Federal helpline.
- Click here to find out how to get local help to answer your questions.
- The Health Insurance Marketplace helpline is open 24/7 at 1-800-318-2596.TTY 1-855-889-4325 or you can chat online with a representative by clicking here.
When you're ready you can enroll at www.healthcare.gov between now and March 31, 2014.