- About Us
- Ohio Consumers for Health Coverage
- Health Equity
- Dental Access Now!
- Ohio Consumer Voice for Integrated Care
- Preventing Youth Addiction
- Health Care Reform
- Get Help
- Get Involved
- Support Us
- Tools for Consumers
Certifed Application Counselors
To find a Certified
Want to help other Ohioans enroll in the Marketplace?
What is a Certified Application Counselor (CAC) organization?
An organization, such as a community health center or other health care provider, non-federal governmental or non-profit social service agency or community-based organization, that applies to be a CAC and receives free training to volunteer services to help Ohioans apply for coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
What does a Certified Application Counselor (CAC) organization do?
As a CAC organization, your staff and volunteers will provide information to consumers and help facilitate consumer enrollment in Qualified Health Plans and insurance affordability programs. Your organization must agree to make sure that designated individuals complete required training and that they comply with privacy and security laws and other program standards.
What are the requirements to become a CAC organization?
1. Have processes/programs in place to make sure your staff and volunteers protect consumers’ information
2. Fill out an application with the following information:
- Type of organization
- Who you currently serve
- Privacy and security experience
- Contact person with contact information
1. Engage in services that position you to help those you serve with health coverage issues
2. Have experience providing social services to the community
What happens after I apply to become a CAC organization?
The Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight (CCIIO) will review your application and verify your ability to protect consumer information. CCIIO will contact you via email to either approve or deny your application. If you are approved, you will receive a unique ID number that will allow you to log on to the CMS website and review the CAC training webinar. Your organization will also have to sign a contract saying you will comply with privacy and security laws and other program standards.
How do I apply to become a CAC organization?